pelicanwaterqld




lightning tracker  
Pelican Waters QLD - Street Names

Tytherleigh Lane

John Tytherleigh was the first Chairman of the Landsborough Shire Council (now the Caloundra City Council), which met initially on April 12, 1912 at Dyer's Hall, Landsborough. 

John Tytherleigh, a businessman operated general stores in Landsborough, Woombye , Maleny and Caloundra.  
The Tytherleigh home, "The Palms," is located on Maleny Street Landsborough.
 
Under his leadership the Council decided to build the Landsborough Shire Chambers which is now part of the Landsborough Shire's Historical Museum complex.   

The original purpose-built shire chambers were opened in 1924 in Landsborough. 

Use of this building continued until 1968 when Caloundra, as the shire's fastest growing town, became home to the new council chambers on the corner of Bulcock Street and Otranto Avenue (now the post office). 

He donated the land on which the Landsborough Memorial School of Arts stands. 

A memorial stone to John Tytherleigh is located near the railway in Landsborough.

 By: Ann Wensley 1977 & Landsborough Museum

cashregister
The cash register was used in the Tytherleigh store 
at the Woombye store.
It was manufactured by National in America 1913.

 Return to Street Names


  © Jasprit Design 2009 Disclaimer