lightning tracker  
Pelican Waters QLD - Street Names
Pelican Waters Boulavard

The suburb known as Pelican Waters was given to William Landsborough under a deed of Grant for services to the state of Queensland on 17 October 1881.

He called his selection Loch Lamerough.

William Landsborough was the first explorer to cross Australia from North to South while searching for the ill fated Burke and Wills expedition.

After his death in 1886 the land was purchased by Herbert Hemming in 1900.

Roy and Maysie Henzell bought the parcel on the 10th January 1946.

Since then the Henzell family have continually developed it first as golden Beach and now as Pelican Waters.


Pelican Waters


Return to Street Names

  © Jasprit Design 2009 Disclaimer