pelicanwaterqld




lightning tracker  
Pelican Waters QLD - Street Names
Campbellville Circut
Campbell and Sons established a sawmill in 1881 at the place that was to become known as Campbellville, near the mouth of Coochin Creek. 

Timber, primarily red cedar, was processed here after having been brought down from the Maleny area by bullock teams, formed into rafts and floated down Coochin Creek. 

Timber was also floated into Pumicestone Passage, to be picked up by passing boats and towed to Brisbane. 

The Campbells also established a house at Campbellville, and ran the mill until 1896 when the operation was relocated to Albion. 

(Artcle by Anne Wensley, Caloundra. 1977). 

logging with bulcockteams
Logging with Bulcock Teams
Return to Street Names

  © Jasprit Design 2009 Disclaimer