pelicanwaterqld




lightning tracker  
Pelican Waters QLD - Street Names
Ballinger Place

Charles Ballinger
A Crown Land Ranger, was the first landowner in Caloundra proper, purchasing in ca.1868 the land comprising what is now the central business area of Caloundra. 

Ballinger never occupied the land (Portion 12), instead growing and crushing cane on his other land near the Mooloolah River inland from Currimundi Lake (Portion 1).
In November 1875 Ballinger sold the land parcel – 277 acres, 1 rood and 32 perches – to Mr. Robert Bulcock for the sum of $70.15.0.

bulcockstreet
Return to Street Names
  © Jasprit Design 2009 Disclaimer